Sunday, May 18, 2014

Guilt free "pancakes"


This is not your average pancake. I did not use a pancake mix, and I feel much better about eating them. Whenever you make anything from scratch you should always feel much better about eating it. Total control of ingredients is a fun key about eating healthy. 

1 banana 
2 eggs 
1 tablespoon oats 
1/2 teaspoon sunflower seeds 
1/2 scoop get lean protein powder 

You literally take your ingredients and blend them together in a blender until it appears homogenous. Lightly spray Pam on a nonstick pan and warm it up before pouring your mix onto it. Flip when golden on the bottom and cook as thought it is a real pancake. A few notes: because of the banana it will be a very moist pancake. Do not take this as being undercooked.


I like to eat mine with a drizzle of agave nectar or honey. On Sundays I like to pile on some Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. If I have vanilla extract hanging around I also like to add a dash of it into the mix. Sadly, this morning I did not have any handy. If you do not have any type of protein powder feel free to substitute in more oats or even some flour. I was using it more for the consistency than anything. 

Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment