Thursday, June 19, 2014

Caramelized Cocoa Nibs


Do you ever get that sudden, massive, overpowering craving for chocolate, and if you don't get any in the next three minutes you may cause serious bodily harm to those around you? Chocolate is delicious...andddd full of fat, calories, and excessive amounts of sugar. Here is a snack that is actually healthy for you, made with cocoa nibs!

3 grams cocoa nibs, raw
2 grams granulated sugar
1/2 tablespoon butter


Take your cocoa and sugar and put it in a pot. High heat is fastest, but you can use medium heat if you'd prefer. Constantly stir the cocoa. In 5-8 minutes you should begin to see the sugar melting. Continue to stir until all the sugar is melted (8-10 minutes). Gently add the butter and stir until fully incooperated. Spread out on some parchment paper until cool. Crush either in your hands or in a bag.


I use these many ways. I always sprinkle some in my oatmeal in the morning. I snack on them before bed. I put them in my cereals. They're really delicious in salads, or even on your frozen yogurt! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment