Thursday, April 3, 2014

B.A.T. Sandwich


Whole wheat toast
3 slices of bacon (turkey if you'd like) 
1 tomato
1/2 lime
1/2 avocado 
Hummus or chickpea purée 

I use hummus instead of mayonaise, which saves us some fat. The good news is we are still getting plenty of fat from our avocado - the best kinds of fats though. I also didn't use any salt on this sandwich because the bacon has plenty. You can substitute tofu for bacon if you'd like, which I've done before. I do love tofu, but today I was craving bacon. Everything is okay in moderation! 3 slices of bacon will not ruin your entire day of healthy eating. Treat yourself to things that you like, even if they are not good for you. Dieting isn't effective for me because it's not possible to continue living that way for the rest of your life. A healthy lifestyle is easy to maintain because you still give yourself treats and little things that you deserve. Moderation :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment