Monday, April 7, 2014

Green Tea Sweet Potato Salad


After waking up early to go for a run I find myself utterly exhausted around noon. I need something with caffeine and plenty of energy to keep me going. I brew myself some green tea and I actually use that to simmer sweet potatoes in. The flavor of the green tea infuses into the potato, making it taste more floral and exotic. Sweet potatoes don't take long to cook, so I simmer them only for about 8 minutes. After 8 minutes I remove the skins and slice into pieces. I place them on a sheet tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. 

I take a handful of chickpeas and roll them around in a drizzle of olive oil. I take about a teaspoon of garlic powder and toss them. Bake them in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, rolling them around every 4 mins or so. 

I took some romaine and kale and tossed them with the chickpeas and potatoes. I also sliced up 3 stalks of fresh asparagus. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment