Monday, March 31, 2014

Spaghetti Squash


1 spaghetti squash 
2 cups beef broth
12 grapes 
Water - as needed

First cut the squash into pieces. Remove the seeds. Place in pot with beef broth and water - enough to cover it. Simmer until the squash is tender (about 10-15 minutes) remove the squash and use a spoon to peel it away from the skin. Try and remove it carefully, so that it keeps it's spaghetti appearance. Cut the grapes in half and add them to the liquid. Reduce until you only have about 1/4 cup left of the liquid. Pour the juice over the squash and serve warm!

Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite vegetables. Bland as it might be on its own - it soaks up flavors like a sponge. Cook it in any flavor of liquid and it will taste like that. I once had a chef cook this squash in cinnamon sugar water and he ended up making a fabulous dessert with it! I used liquid that I had on hand from braising short ribs, which made my stock creamy and thick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment